The Family Crisis Council has five programs that work together to assist victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault. These programs have very specific individual functions and work to help achieve our agency’s mission as a collective unit.
Executive Director, Christina Rary- 704-754-5999 Ext. 202
24-hour Crisis Line 704-636-4718 *Extension 1
Program Head: Shelter Director- 704-636-4718 Ext. 201
- Temporary emergency shelter to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Referrals throughout our community and to other DV/SA shelters
- Supportive counseling to residents of the shelter and to victims in the community via our Crisis Line 704-636-4718 then press 1
COMMUNITY ADVOCACY PROGRAM
Program Head: Case Manager – 704-636-4718 ext. 202
- Provide case management, referrals, and other assistance as needed to those clients who are not in other agency programs.
- Assist clients with navigating all of the resources available to domestic violence and sexual assault victims: Safety planning, housing options, case management, and counseling.
Program Head: Executive Director – 704-754-5999 ext. 202 Court Advocate- 704-754-5999 Ext. 203, 204, 208
- Assistance with protective orders & electronic filing of orders
- 50b’s filed after 12:30 p.m. are likely to be heard by the court the following day. For same day response on an emergency 50b, file at our community office (502 N. Long Street, Salisbury, NC 28144) before 12:30 p.m.
- Victim accompaniment through criminal and civil court process
- Individuals can meet with advocates before court on Monday’s from 8:45 a.m. 9:15 a.m., in the room near Court Room 2
- Victim referrals (Legal Aid, counseling, etc.)
Program Head: Special Victims Program Manager – 704-636-4718 Ext. 206
- Trains and manages Victim Advocates who provide 24 hr on-call hospital accompaniment for DV, SA, and HT victims
- Provides community and professional training and education regarding DV, SA, and HT
Program Head: Community Coordinator- 704-754-5999 Ext. 202
- Solicits and manages in-kind donations
- Volunteer recruitment and orientation
- Provides information/table displays at local events
All Services are FREE of Charge.
- 24-Hour Crisis Line – Provides Crisis Intervention and Counseling over the phone by Victim Advocates.
- Emergency Shelter – Temporary shelter is available for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and their children fleeing immediate danger. Shelter stays include weekly case management, community referrals, and all basic needs provided.
- Counseling Services – For more information call 704-636-4718 to speak with an advocate.
- Support Groups – For individuals who have been a victim of domestic violence and/or sexual assault.
- Domestic Violence Support Group Thursday evenings 5:00 -6:00
- Sexual Assault Support Group Tuesday evenings 5:00 – 6:30
- Spanish Speaking Advocate – Our services include full-time staff members that are fluent Spanish speakers
- Referral Services – Help connect victims to resources within the community and state
- Court Advocacy – Court advocates work with victims as they navigate the court system, beginning with the filing of a 50b protective order. To file a 50b in Rowan County, a person must sit down with our advocates to have their request entered at 502 N. Long Street, Salisbury, NC 28144. Advocates facilitate the e Courts Civil Domestic Violence System 50B Ex-Parte (Emergency) hearings each afternoon. They attend civil and criminal courts every Monday in Rowan County.
**Advocates CANNOT give you legal advice. **
- Hospital Accompaniment – Victim Advocates are available 24 hours/day, 365 days/year for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and trafficking.
- Community & Professional Education – Staff members are available for speaking engagements, informational table displays and awareness events regarding sexual assault, domestic violence, and trafficking.